Why Propeller Health?
Propeller Health is the leading digital platform for respiratory health management.
Through sensors, mobile apps and services, Propeller Health is closing the gap between what can be accomplished in asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (“COPD”) and chronic respiratory disease and what little has so far been achieved. This means significantly improving the quality of care, reducing unnecessary morbidity and utilization, and enabling a modern, cost-effective, data-driven approach to management.
Using small sensors to record when and where people use inhaled medications, Propeller Health provides patients with a continuous, objective assessment of their disease, together with personalized guidance and targeted education, drawn from the national guidelines, to help them improve.
Interfaces powered by advanced analytics, allow physicians and healthcare providers to remotely monitor patients and identify those who need more help. The sensors also provide public health agencies with the first real-time geospatial view of disease burden in the community allowing them to focus their efforts on prevention and target their resources as never before.
Propeller Health is working with organizations like Dignity Health, Wyckoff Heights Medical Center, Amerigroup Florida and the City of Louisville.
Asthma and COPD currently cost payers and patients in the U.S. more than $100 billion annually. By 2020, the CDC estimates that the cost of medical care for adults in the U.S. with COPD alone will increase 53% to more than $90 billion.
- Founded as Asthmapolis
- Asthmapolis introduces new inhaler sensor that integrates with mobile phones
- Asthmapolis receives FDA clearance for asthma inhaler sensor technology and accompanying software system
- Asthmapolis partners with Amerigroup to enhance asthma management efforts
- Asthmapolis relaunches as Propeller Health Health
- Propeller Health receives FDA clearance for its next-generation Propeller Health platform and sensor
- Propeller Health becomes a Safeguard partner company
- Propeller Health receives FDA clearance for the Propeller Health Platform in association with Boehringer Ingelheim’s Respimat® Inhaler and GSK’s Diskus® Inhaler
- Propeller Health announces R&D collaboration with GSK to develop a digital sensor for the Ellipta® inhaler
- Propeller Health partners with Aptar Pharma to develop the world's first integrated, connected meter dose inhaler
- Propeller Health partners with Boehringer Ingelheim to improve adherence and care management for COPD and asthma patients
- Propeller Health partners with AMC Health to improve care manaegement for COPD and asthma patients
- Propeller Health partners with Vectura to develop digitally-connected inhalers to address chronic respiratory diseases
- Propeller Health partners with Molina Healthcare to improve outcomes and quality of care for patients with asthma
Our Experience with Safeguard
A Q&A with David Van Sickle, CEO and Co-Founder, Propeller Health
How would you describe Safeguard to other entrepreneurs?
The Safeguard team is very collaborative and provides strategic guidance and insight every step of way. It has been great tapping into their network and leveraging there expertise to help us navigate various challenges and opportunities.
How is Safeguard helping your company accelerate growth?
Propeller Health delivers a new approach to chronic respiratory disease, and we’re fortunate to have the backing of partners like Safeguard with expertise in scaling enterprise and consumer digital health solutions. Together we are working to change the day-to-day life of people with chronic respiratory disease and the physicians who care for them.