NovaSom, Inc. is a leader in Obstructive Sleep Apnea (“OSA”) home testing, with the AccuSom® home sleep test, the only comprehensively supported home sleep test that provides continuous patient support and next-day test results and interpretation.
The FDA-cleared AccuSom test is significantly more convenient and comfortable for the patient, compared to in-facility testing. Patients are able to test around their own schedule and can sleep in their own bed, which helps eliminate “first night” effect and improves data collection. AccuSom is currently covered for more than 150 million commercially insured U.S. lives.
Healthcare professionals have the option of turnkey benefits verification, pre-authorization coordination, and billing management, as well as the option of results interpretation and recommended therapy from a NovaSom clinician, enabling more comprehensive patient care within your practice. Physicians with questions may consult with the NovaSom Chief Medical Officer.
NovaSom is accredited by the Joint Commission as an Ambulatory Care Sleep Diagnostic Center & Telehealth Provider and is classified by CMS as an Independent Diagnostic Testing Facility.
The OSA diagnostic market in the U.S. is estimated to be approximately $4 billion and is growing more than 15% annually. Only 3 million sufferers in the U.S. have been diagnosed to date, out of an estimated 40 million moderate to severe OSA sufferers. By giving patients the option to conduct tests for OSA in their homes, NovaSom hopes to identify and treat more of the millions of undiagnosed sufferers.
- Founded as Sleep Solutions, Inc.
- Sleep Solutions, Inc. re-incorporates as NovaSom, Inc.
- NovaSom becomes a Safeguard partner company
- NovaSom partners with HealthAmerica to launch an innovative sleep management plan
- NovaSom appoints Dr. Michael Coppola as Chief Medical Officer
- NovaSom launches Apnea.com to highlight health consequences of undiagnosed sleep apnea
- NovaSom launches AccuSom Deliver™ program for out-of-center sleep testing (OCST)
- NovaSom announces the launch of AccuSom Safe Recovery™ for anesthesiologists
- NovaSom appoints John Spitznagel as CEO
Our Experience with Safeguard
A Q&A with John Spitznagel, CEO, NovaSom
How has Safeguard helped to accelerate NovaSom’s growth?
Safeguard’s financial and operational support have augmented our traction to date, expanded our market penetration, and ultimately impacted our patients’ quality of life.
What can entrepreneurs expect from a partnership with Safeguard?
Safeguard’s philosophy is that we are “in it together”. From value-add operational resources to strategic support, to making well-timed introductions within their deep network, they offer layers of value to drive their partner companies’ growth – and they have greatly benefitted us here at NovaSom.