Week in Review: The Role of CIO in Enterprise 3.0, Medivo Goes Mobile, and Alverix Adds Key Patents
Posted by | March 9, 2012
Readers of this blog are well aware that entrepreneurship is one of our key themes—from our partner company CEO Q&A Series to our book recommendations to NFTE Philadelphia, we strive to provide relevant information for growth stage companies.
A related term to entrepreneurship, which may not be as familiar, but is just as important, is intrepreneurship. Simply put, intrepreneurship is about innovating within a company. While there are a number of ways to add value and drive growth in a company, the adoption of new business models made possible by Enterprise 3.0 technologies is increasingly vital to a company’s success. Those opportunities should be on the radar of every CIO.
Phil Moyer, Managing Director, contributed an article to the Fortune Tech blog yesterday on how CIOs can keep their businesses competitive amidst the changing expectations and lower innovation costs ushered in by cloud and mobile technology. Head on over and give it a good read.
In partner company news…
- Alverix added two key patents to its intellectual property portfolio for diagnostic testing, including a new approach for enhancing the sensitivity and versatility of a widely applied assay methodology. The other enables the use of very high yield, rapidly decaying fluorescent dyes in the diagnostic test systems developed and manufactured by Alverix.
- Beyond.com announced the appointment of Joe Weinlick as Vice President of Marketing. Joe will be responsible for marketing and communications efforts for the brand across all markets.
- Lumesis CEO Gregg Bienstock will join the National Municipal Bond Summit in Miami on March 15 to speak on a panel titled “Making Transparency Pay.”
- MediaMath CEO Joe Zawadzki and Chief Marketing Officer Marta Martinez participated in the fifth Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) Annual Leadership meeting, which focused on expanding interactive advertising. MediaMath also joined forces with PPC Associates to leverage the power of search and display advertising in a scalable way through a single platform.
- Medivo acquired WellApps, Inc., which offers Medivo immediate access to the mobile health space. Health Data Management, MedCityNews, MobiHealthNews and ModernHealthcare noted how the acquisition will further help patients log symptoms and provide this data to their care providers.
- NovaSom announced that their obstructive sleep apnea testing is moving tests from sleep labs to the home and saving money for health insurers and the federal government.
- This past Wednesday, NuPathe CEO Jane Hollingsworth presented at the Cowen and Company 32nd Annual Health Care Conference. NuPathe also recently announced the allowance of its U.S. patent application for NP202, which is being used to develop treatments for schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
- ThingWorx’s partnership with PSII continued to gain attention. SemanticWeb.com featured the news, as did Techtaffy, which highlighted the Sensor Andrew Project at Carnegie Mellon.
To read more of our Week in Review series, please use the following feed: www.safeguard.com/WeekInReview. Have a great weekend!